My name is Cade Brown, I’m a programmer, musician, and college student.
This is my personal website, where I post my own personal stories, notes, and projects.
I also advise you to check out https://chemicaldevelopment.us (my software organization)
Right now, I’m a freshman at UTK (University of Tennessee Knoxville), going for a Computer Science degree. I went to high school at L&N STEM Academy, and some areas of my site may make references to it.
My main interests are numerical computing, free software, and language design. I also like machine learning
Here are my best/popular/favorite projects to date:
- This was my, along with Jakob Liggett’s, submission to VolHacks IV, in which an AI model trained on internet text posts “completes” your thoughts.
- Check out our website, here: https://simplesummit.github.io/
- I did all the software for this, which included writing a fractal explorer which ran on 8 different machines at once, which communicated in real time over a network to produce an image around 30 frames per second.
- This was a main project I worked on during my internship at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), for my 11th and 12th grade summers.
- This is my current (as of October 2019) project, which I have been given the task of porting to AMD GPUs (right now, it relies on NVIDIA).
- This is my largest project, in terms of reach, and will be a large part of the Frontier HPC system, which will only have AMD GPUs.